
I have been working a lot of hours as of late- usually five 12 hour shifts which really leaves very little time during the rest of your day to get anything productive done. Most people, when strapped for time, cut back on their hours of sleep. However, I have a *slight* issue with cutting back on my sleep hours. While I am not usually a grumpy person, and in fact, growing up, I was always told how cheerful and smiley I was. This trait has carried on into my adult life as well and most of the time you will find me with a smile on my face and a sort of "Pollyanna" attitude. That is, unless you have deprived me of my sleep...............
I think by now my good friends and my family all know that if I haven't slept enough, please don't bombard me with questions or be too super cheerful around me when I first wake up. Not that I am gonna bite anyone's head off or have daggers shoot out of my eyes- no, nothing crazy like that. Its just that when I first wake up I kind of want to be left alone.
This whole "left alone" thing is kind of a problem now that I sleep until it is time to get up, get ready and head back to work for another 12 hours. This method leaves little adjustment period for me to really fully wake up and shake off "the grumpies". Especially when you have to come to work and answer phone calls from crazy people. Like the one guy today, I picked up the phone and right away he called me a b-i-t-c-h. Whoa there buddy!
So, not gonna lie, this picture of Homer makes me a bit jealous of the glorious sleep he seems to be getting. However, should I ever start looking like Homer- please, you have the right to withhold food and force me to use my gym membership.
Saturday, June 14, 2008
Ahhhh sleep!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment