Sunday, August 8, 2010
A boy and his dog
My first baby is of the furry variety. A pug named Tiny. I have had Tiny for almost 7 years now. She is a great little companion. Though sometimes demanding, and sometimes naughty she has been a great dog. Her greatest loves are playing fetch and eating, and a close third would be cuddling up next to you wherever you may be - sitting on the couch, in bed or just laying at your feet.
Just before I had Cody, Tiny went to spend some time with my parents so I could get everything ready for baby and so I didn't have to go up and down the stairs to take her out to potty in the wet and cold while I was heavily pregnant. My parents had referred to her as their granddog (practice before the actual grandkids!) and were happy to watch her for a while.
Recently I have taken Tiny back, and though it has been a slight adjustment balancing potty trips with Cody's naps and baby monitor in hand, or putting Cody in the baby carrier to venture outside we are getting a little routine down.
My other concern was how would Tiny adjust to being a big sister and having to share the attention with someone else. I had a kitten for a while that she did not take kindly too, so this was the big question...
Tiny, thus far has been a great big sister. She wants to cuddle with Cody wherever he is, and she stands watch over him when he is on his playmat and alerts me if he is fussing. It's pretty cute to see. I still keep an eye on her when she is near him, just in case, but from what I have seen she is very patient with him - even when he grabs handfuls of her fur.
Cody loves her too, he giggles when she comes up to him and smiles when she gives him kisses. There is something to be said about a boy and his dog!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
so sweet! glad you starting blogging again. Maybe I will kick mine back into action soon...
Post a Comment