
So maybe it's the fact that I literally get ZERO holidays this year- I work Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve and Christmas day. Or maybe it's that my mom called me the other day and said we weren't doing presents this year. Also, it could be that once I get a project in my mind, it's all I can focus on until I get it done! Most likely it is a combination of all these things....So, not to brag, but I am done with my Christmas shopping....And done with handmaking almost 60 Christmas cards, and addressing them all too. I know, before Thanksgiving even...Somewhat miraculous, huh? I wonder if Martha Stewart would be jealous?
I must admit, I have even been itching to put up my Christams decorations already too! However, I blame this desire on my Mom. Growing up we couldn't even put the decorations up until the 15th of December, and they absolutely had to come down the day after Christmas. Now that I am an "adult" (it still doesn't feel like I really am...)I put them up as early as possible (read: the day after Thanksgiving) and don't take them down until January 2nd. I figure I need to squeeze in a lot of "Christmas decor" to make up for the fact that I won't really get to celebrate any of the holidays. I will have to settle for looking at the pretty tree that will be in the corner of my living room.
Monday, November 24, 2008
On Top of My Game!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment