BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, May 5, 2008

BIG NEWS!!!!!!





Ok, I hope you didn't have an accident after seeing that picture...Gotcha! No, it's not what you think, I am not having a baby. But, I have made a super-adult decision to go back to school. I am a bit scared/nervous/excited, a bunch of emotions. If I was Will Ferrel in 'Anchorman' I might dare to say that "I am in a glass case of emotions" Seriously, this whole going back to school thing is a big leap from where I am at now. I have a career at 25, but I know its not what I want to do forever. I do love my job and the great people I work with, but I definitely feel like if I don't start taking the steps to finish my education now, I may never do it. And as my dad keeps reminding me I'm "not getting any younger" oh, and my other favorite "you know, you are 1/2 way to 50!"...

I am going to go to school for 'Sonography' to be an ultrasound technician. This was originally what I wanted to do way back in the day, and was the reason I went to school for Medical assisting. But, as we all well know life doesn't always turn out how you planned and there were a few big 'events' that prevented me from finishing school. I have thought about it long and hard and I am really going to do it.

This summer I am going to start taking my 8 pre-req classes at Pierce College, which luckily enough for me is right next door to work- how convenient huh? I am shooting for all on-line classes which will be a snap (at least I hope) for me to do either at work when it's slow, or *wishful thinking*, in the hammock by the lake on my laptop!

I have it down to a science that if I take 3 classes this summer and then 2 each quarter starting in the fall, I will have all of my pre req's done in time to submit my application for the program next July. If I get accepted (fingers crossed!) it will be a full two years of school for me. Full time and through the summer even. I know it is going to be hard work and a lot to handle with working my regular job at the same time, but I know if I put my mind to it I can do it!

1 comments:

Rae said...

aaack. that is one scary picture to post. =) go for it! although i still think you would be truly awesome in business-related matters...

where are all your other faithful blog readers? don't they know that if they read and enjoy, they should comment?!?