BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, April 29, 2008

In 13 days.....


I will be on my first real 'adult' vacation soaking up the sun in Cancun, Mexico tropical drink in my hand- you know, the kind with the cute little umbrella, my toes in the sun-warmed sand lounging under a palapa next to the crystal blue waters of the Caribbean.

In case y'all forgot what a vacation is, I thought I would help you out....

va-ca-tion :

Pronunciation: \va-ka-shen\ (I don't care how you say it, as long as I get to go on one)

Function: noun (heck ya, I'm a person, I am going to a place (Mexico) and getting there via a thing (plane) )

Usage: Often attributive

Etymology: Middle English vacacioun, from Anglo-French vacacion, from Latin vacation-, vacatio freedom, exemption from vacare

Date: 14th century

1 : a respite or a time of respite from something : INTERMISSION

I will be taking a 7 night 8 day respite from my regular life which has lately been full of 12 hour work days, little to no sleep, eating on the run, neglecting my household chores and my poor poochie.

2 a : a scheduled period during which activity (as of a court or school) is suspended

Any activity related or pertaining to work, adulthood responsibility etc shall be suspended for the duration of the trip. Well, unless absolutely needed I suppose....Maybe we should have invited a chaperone...

b : a period of exemption from work granted to an employee

Luckily for me, this is paid vacation. This girl works hard for the money- so hard for it honey! And that's what is helping to pay for this particular 'respite'. But dang I wish I had a sugar daddy to pay for me. Then maybe I could stay longer than a week! Haha wishful thinking....I know.

3 : a period spent away from home or business in travel or recreation at the beach>

Oh and you betcha we will be 'recreating' (I'm not sure that is a "Webster's" approved term...) Horse back riding, snorkeling, swimming with dolphins, booze cruise (wish me luck) complete with a pirate take-over of the ship, and hitting up the ever-famous nightlife spots in Cancun. (Don't worry dad I know how to call 911 in Mexico and how to say "Back the f#$% off" in Spanish, so I've got it handled)

4 : an act or instance of vacating

And vacate we will. If you are lucky we will come back with some sunshine......and perhaps an oversized sombrero.

1 comments:

Rae said...

What a nice start! You'd better not dissapoint your most loyal blog reader of a picture of you in a sombrero upon your return. =)

Love the colour choices & humor....classica Bree. Is that Trendy on the sidebar?